View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I have always wondered what was behind this deal. How come we just hear that it was made and don't get further information like 'Clear Channel got exclusive streaming rights to 400 songs.'

The fact that we don't know the music content of the deal makes me think (or just wishfully dream) that it's not about old FM catalogs, but maybe prospective stuff from them. Michele
Indeed, that is correct - it is not about their catalog, but rather for new music only, which is why this deal is not the 'exlusive-mega-extreme' deal that it sounds like. All hype -

Quote:
The deal was dubbed a “direct performing rights partnership” - effectively a deal between the company and the band to ensure the band receives fixed revenue from any airplay of their new songs on both digital & broadcast radio.
I underscored the word 'any', because it is so important, in context. The deal ensures the band is paid for 'any' airplay of their new songs from Extended Play. Not a word about old material, and ironically not even a deal that there would actually *be* any airplay for the new material.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case