View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Minneapolis show

someone told me this show almost sold out already, in a day. looking at the seating chart and availability, it doesn't seem so yet, but might be close, who knows.

looks like it will be a great final show of the tour (or this leg, if there will be additional ones?), somewhat in a vein of Chicago Winery shows:

http://dakotacooks.com/event/an-inti...ey-buckingham/

An Intimate Evening with Lindsey Buckingham

Start:
November 20, 2012 7:00 pm
Cost:
$175-80 Buy Tickets
Venue:
Dakota Jazz Club
Phone:
612-332-1010
Address:
Google Map
1010 Nicollet Avenue, Minneapolis, MN, United States, 55403

7:00 $175-80
Pop Music Legend

“…it would be understandable if members of the sold-out crowd might have needed an occasional reminder that the Fleetwood Mac star was working alone. It seemed incredible that one person could deliver such an array of sounds.” -Orlando Sentinel, review of August 7, 2012 show

Lindsey Buckingham has accomplished almost everything that can be done in rock and roll, earning a spot in the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame with Fleetwood Mac, winning countless awards, selling out venues around the world, and helping define the sound of rock for the last 3 decades. He’s the predominant musical force behind such Mac albums as Rumours and the innovative Tusk, and has created a critically acclaimed body of solo work that yielded the hits, “Trouble,” “Go Insane,” and “Holiday Road.” But one thing was missing as Buckingham and his band mates were dominating music. “The irony of the bulk of the Fleetwood Mac experience was that none of us were comfortable,” Buckingham confesses. “We had this external success going, which was not matched by any kind of internal success. It didn’t make any of us whole people or contented people in that sense.”

“Buckingham has that kind of charisma. He makes hefty feel revitalizing… songs that are essential pieces of the American soundtrack.” -Dallas Times

Now married and with three kids Buckingham has found that internal success as he puts it. “It really does feel like the best time of my life,” he says. That contentment and peace are evident throughout his sixth solo album, Seeds We Sow. From the soft melodic pop/rock tinge of “End Of Time” and the album’s most rocking track, “One Take,” to the touching “When She Comes Down” and the almost lullaby-esque hushed tones of the gorgeous closing number, “She Smiles Sweetly,” the album showcases Buckingham’s full arsenal of skills. He attributes his peace to two things. The first is his personal life, “To finally meet someone and to have the family thing happen, that’s been a real gift,” he says. The other is musical. “If there is a level of contentedness that I’ve arrived at, part of it is because I think in the last three or four years what I experienced during the solo albums and then what I experienced on the last Fleetwood Mac tour I felt like I had come to a point where there was so much foundation that I had built for myself making incremental steps forward as a musician and as an artist,” he says.

Those solo albums, 2006’s Under The Skin and 2008’s Gift Of Screws, as well as the last Fleetwood Mac tour in 2009, led directly to Seeds We Sow, an album Buckingham didn’t even plan on making. So where did it come from? “I think it came from a certain residue of momentum that was left over from the three years I did those two solo albums back to back and toured a lot behind both of them. That was such a great experience, just finally allowing myself to do that,” he says.

“His fingers had done dazzling things: fingerpicking that could be pristine and meditative or pointedly aggressive, counterpoints of staccato thumb-picked bass lines and gliding melodies, quasi-Baroque austerity leading into frenetic strumming. The guitar was the full partner of his voice, and sometimes the senior partner, pacing the songs and stoking their dynamics, supporting the vocals or sparring with them, hinting at ragtime and raga, grabbing the melodic foreground.” -New York Times, review of Sep 27, 2011 show

visit lindseybuckingham.com for more about Lindsey

Lindsey Buckingham’s Wikipedia page

• a stunning version of “Big Love”

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"