View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wasn't The Nightmare a B-side? If so, then the remix could have been done for the single version that was to be released as the B-side much like All The Beautiful Worlds was intended to be. I agree however that HAEWAFY would have fared better with a video. Actually, I think it should have been the second single - people seemed to like momentum changes and differences sonically to the ears not to mention patterns that were already successful for Stevie at the time. Stop Draggin' - mid tempo. Leather and Lace - Ballad. Edge of 17 - rocker. Talk To Me - mid tempo. Has Anyone - Ballad. I Can't Wait - rocker. However, I would have led with Sister Honey as the rock/with a pop bent as lead and made Talk To Me the fourth single. And with that momentum, followed up with If I Were You, No Spoken Word, Some Become Strangers, and Imperial Hotel (which was a single in Australia). If all went well, I'd add The Nightmare too. Bottom line, if promoted correctly and all with killer videos, That album with all it's 80's synth could have been the mega hit for her during that time. The only truly non-radio songs I hear are I Sing For The Things and the title track even though I personally love the songs.

Last edited by StevieNicksfann; 09-01-2017 at 11:44 AM..