View Single Post
Old 10-17-2016, 01:35 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Sup Ledgies?

Why all the hating on Miss Stephanie Lynn Nicks?

Stevie has been the most prolific band member in recent years. Lindsey comes a close second as his last album is now 5 years old, but he has been working on Fleetwood Mac songs for a new album for 4 years now. The only work Stevie Nicks has done towards a new band album is her late 2012 contributions to Extended Play, if they count.
With this band I count "recent" as the last ten years, or whatever has gone on since Say You Will. Lindsey has been undoubtedly more prolific than Stevie in that time.

Anyway... I for one am not hating on Stevie. I'm disappointed that all the focus is now no longer on Christine's return and getting back in the studio as a 5-piece. The return of Christine should've been built up (and this is where the band always falters on stuff like this) more like the event that it was. A small portion of hell froze over when Christine came back. I would've done a live show again ala The Dance, or maybe even a Fleetwood Mac Unplugged special. Something that showcased a few new tunes even... stories between songs where Chris says how much she missed her friends. Show the band members interacting and build that pre-excitement for a new album. The band has let all that wane. It's almost, and I may be wrong here, it's almost as if the drama now takes precedence over the music, and I'm kinda sorta... well... sick of that. The band is, frankly, far too old to be playing about with Rumours-esque behaviour. Not that there's really a genuine comparison between then and now, and I know there's always been a bit of drama with this band... but at this point in time I'm just saying be a band. Bands tour. Bands make music together. Get on with it!

Last edited by mylittledemon; 10-17-2016 at 01:39 PM..