View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Heck, WB barely wanted SYW. Why would they want this one? Unless there was something special about it that would help them market it ...

Michele
There's HUGE Fleetwood Mac hype lately, certainly over here in the UK anyway. The whole UK tour sold out in 15 minutes (which didn't happen with Unleashed), the Rumours reissue shot up to #3 in the album charts, "Everywhere" entered the charts at #15 following an ad campaign by 02, "Don't Stop" charted again recently following a cover on a different ad campaign and the EP did pretty well too. I'm not sure why the sudden surge in interest, but they're massive again here.

There seems to be new respect and appreciation for all things Mac related. Some music magazine, I can't remember which, recently gave away a Rumours tribute album with songs performed by up and coming indie bands and artists so I think that generated a lot of hype too.

Regardless of what Stevie thinks about 300,000 album sales being low, there's still money to be made in a new release from Fleetwood Mac. Especially if Christine were to come on board just for the studio. Stevie and Lindsey have both said how much fun they had cutting the new tracks for the EP, so maybe Chris could sign on to do the album but not tour, or just appear at the UK shows as a guest appearance - don't know about anyone else, but I'd certainly be happy with that.