View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 11:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
This was the only Stevie Nicks or Fleetwood Mac album that took me by surprise. I was such an obsessed fan in those days but literally had no idea Stevie had made a new album. As far as I knew FM had released Greatest Hits in 1988 and were working on Behind The Mask. I also knew they were touring in Europe in 1988.
One day in April of 1989 a friend called and raved about the new SN single she heard on the radio. I figured she must have heard an obscure track from the past and just assumed it was new. But she insisted so I decided to call a local radio station and the DJ confirmed it was a song called Rooms on Fire. I couldn't believe it! I still remember hearing it for the first time. It was at night during a partly cloudy sky with a bright moon and me staring out the window in what was the first apartment I ever had. And I loved it from the moment I heard it. Loved the video as well from the moment I saw that. To this day the song has stood the test of time. I enjoyed the album and played all the songs endlessly for many years.
Good story