View Single Post
Old 12-13-2018, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiver View Post
First one that came to mind. She throws some in near the end of this Sisters of the Moon demo (starts around the 3 min mark)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MvO5Heuphs
Thanks, I'm adding this to the list. Once I check everything out, I'll report back with a list.

So far, I have her doing falsetto in the studio from around the Coffee Plant Demos through 1982-83 then, after an interval of about 15 years, again c. 1998 to present. Listening to the demo made me realize that "Sorcerer" really benefits from the falsetto (though Stevie doesn't do it live at Sheryl Crow's 2002 telethon or at the 2008 Soundstage performance). I bet Sheryl Crow insisted on it in the studio c. 1998 (if Stevie herself didn't realize it was necessary). Also, maybe by then technology was better at ironing out any kinks, so she felt she could at least start doing it in the studio again knowing she could smooth out any rough edges.

As for live, she does it only through 1980. On the 1981 White Wing Dove video with her own band, and with Fleetwood Mac at the 1982 US Festival, she has her backing singers (or Christine and Lindsey) do falsetto parts on "Dreams" and even stops singing while they do.

Last edited by cbBen; 12-14-2018 at 12:30 PM..