View Single Post
Old 12-01-2018, 10:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
And that is a very well known fact amongst Neil Young fans, he’ll say it himself in a much nicer way obviously. And yes I know it would be better if she adapted his attitude towards making tons of new music this millennium but I’ll Take what I can.
There's a big difference here: Neil often treated Buffalo Springfield and CSN badly (reneging on commitments and so forth), but he never pulled a power play to get a bandmate fired (leaving aside backing musicians like Dallas Taylor).

When he had a problem with Crosby because Crosby was a junkie, rather than lobby for Crosby's firing (which would have been more than justified), he left CSNY himself – exiting with that biting line in the song "Thrasher": "they were just dead weight to me" (which he later said came out harsher than he had intended but was too good to change*)

He also never gave bad publicity to his ex-bandmates. He took the heat for being the bad actor.

*I wonder whether the same holds with Lindsey and "shacking up is all you want to do" from "Go Your Own Way."

Last edited by cbBen; 12-01-2018 at 10:36 PM..