Thread: Sheryl Crow
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 10:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Let’s not pretend Stevie was morally pure during her drug fueled height, either. She forced an assistant to take the drugs she was sure were killing her. She carried on several affairs with married men. She had 4 abortions. She did so much cocaine it nearly caused her to have a brain aneurism; so she had someone administer her fix anally. She’s pushed away everyone from her early days of fame who helped her get to where she is- several died penniless and broken such as Judy Wong, Herbert Worthington, and Bob Welch. I’m not even going to bring up the Kim Anderson thing, because that could be just grief... though I have my doubts.

My point being, instant fame, fortune, and hardcore drugs made everyone in the band behave poorly. Another thing to consider is so many of the accusations against everyone in the band are pretty much impossible to prove, too. So for any of us to judge them on alleged accusations from 4 decades ago seems a little ridiculous.

Oh, and nobody can accuse me of being a blind Lindsey fanboy, either. Stevie has ALWAYS been my fav band member. I’ve just found her behavior over the past 10 years so appalling that I can’t stand her anymore.

Ew. I think I’m done here too.
If anyone has some FM boards/sites that aren’t populated with creepy national enquirer-reading conservatives, let me know.
I’m out.

Peace.