View Single Post
Old 05-14-2018, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post
I am a big fan of Stevie's solo career, and a big fan of Fleetwood Mac.
Am I upset? Yes! I'm mortified. Do I hate any particular member of the band though? No. I think both Lindsey and Stevie equally antagonize each other, and have famously done so for decades.
But there must have been a really nasty final fight between them that caused this to happen.
And if it's gotten to the point of not being able to get through one last tour, so be it...but I'm not gonna hate on Lindsey or Stevie. Nor am I going to hold a grudge against Christine, Mick or John for going along with the decision to do this tour without Lindsey, or post nasty messages back and forth to people on this message board.
I'm simply not going to support this tour.
But I can continue to enjoy the music they made together as a group and as solo artists.
Their music is the soundtrack of my life, and I will continue to cherish that until the day I die.
WildHeart, your whole post is beautifully written and so well put, but I especially appreciated what you said about the individual members AND their music. A lot of people have said they can't listen to FM's music anymore, and that's their choice. But the music of Fleetwood Mac didn't change. For me, and like you, FM's music has been a soundtrack to my life, too, and that didn't change when Lindsey left, when Stevie left, when Christine left, when Rick left, or when Billy was fired, and it won't change now. I completely understand why you won't see the tour, and I also really respect how you were able to separate your love of the music from how hurt you feel. Really, you are such a positive example for all of us. Thanks for posting.