View Single Post
Old 05-06-2018, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
To clarify my use of the word “pathetic,” it IS pathetic to say “I'm sorry but I have a right to…” in a thread where someone talked about a husband’s suicide and someone talked about his pending chemo. Like, why even reply at all, far less assert something so unnecessary, unfeeling, and pointless? Why not just ignore it and move on? Is it really THAT important? If it is, that’s kind of pathetic.
My comment was to the broader audience on here and was a canvassing of all the comments that had been thrown around. It was not specifically directed to the OP.

If people can't make the distinction between this being a forum (and in this case the specific threads involved) for talking about FM, that is sadly their problem.

NO ONE has been unsympathetic to the OP, and clearly they were making a call out for help and support. The terrible circumstances leading to that are clearly not the fault of the OP and no one was faulting them for that. Their point was taken -- that there are far, far more important things going on in the world than FM personnel changes. However, again, this is a FLEETWOOD MAC forum, and the threads involved were SPECIFICALLY set up for people to talk about current band events and people's reactions to them. I don't know why that is so hard for people to accept.

The OP, in their personal pain, lashed out in a way at others on this board. So yes, people will respond and did-- offering sympathy for his/her pain while defending their right to discuss the band in a band forum. But others latched onto the OP's point to launch their own ongoing gripes about everyone else's opinions. My remarks were intended for THEM.

But again, let's keep having circular arguments and taking positions about who is allowed to express what opinion and who isn't.