View Single Post
Old 07-25-2005, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
Please note that we have been contacted by The Simkins Partnership, The Solicitors for Peter Green, and informed that there is a gag order in effect for the Peter Green vs. Nigel Watson case. The Honourable Mr. Justice Newman in the High Court of Justice Queen’s Bench Division signed the Order on April 2, 2004. The Court approved the following single press release concerning the matter:

Three threads discussing this matter have been removed from The Ledge. We would respectfully request that individuals refrain from discussing this matter further on The Ledge. So as not to become embroiled in this dispute and as notification has been provided, future related posts will be deleted and the posters will be banned.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
hi lis, thanks for the post/warning. solicitors visit the ledge. it's un-nerving and bizzare!

a comment that i don't think violates the ban... i get more out of reading the ledge posts than posting myself, so i'll risk it...

as i understand it, a gag order applies to revealing information divulged during the proceedings, or information about the proceedings themselves. i think most of us have no knowledge of any of that. we are just giving our opinions about what we've heard.

the court approved press release that you posted contains more detailed information on the nature of the court mediated dispute than was available in the prior 18 months of ledge-posted speculation.

but i can definitely see that if stuff posted to the ledge was leaked from the proceding then there would be a big problem for the forum host, moderators etc.

i'm looking forward to the time when the case is resolved, especially for pete and the other principals. at that point i hope we can discuss as we like to do.

zero