View Single Post
Old 12-06-2014, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I have to say I was a bit disappointed with the Mother Trilogy. Suspiria was superb but I thought the last one, Mother of Tears sort of fizzled out. Inferno was solo weird.
Yes, Mother of tears (in italian was The third mother) was VERY disappointing, but there still were little clues of his previous genius; I liked that all the murders had a meaning linked to the killed person:
- The woman that dared to summon the demons died with her mouth crashed (and then sliced open and strangled with her guts
- The lesbian medium died penetrated by a sword
I'm sure there were more that you remember, I've seen it long ago. The Sabba scene was very well built and the locations were beautiful.
The main faults were that it's too short and it didn't develope well all the themes involved and it didn't build suspence and pathos at all. Also the witches were ridiculous andthe acting skill of Asia Argento were only sufficient.
The choice of Moran Atias to impersonate the witch was truly poor, she was just a model with no acting talent famous for her sexy calendars and her soccer-players boyfriends. At the time she was trying to enter in the cinema industry but it didn't last long.
The italian actress that impersonated the mother of tears in the cameo in Inferno was the only right choice. This movie should have been done 25 years earlier.

Inferno was more splatter and gore for Argento, I think because it's his first production with American setting.
To me it still has a weird charm with those amazing colours and all those evil animals. I think the scene underwater is one of the best directed horror scenes of all time.