Thread: Family Man
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Ah yes. The inclusion of that song on the VBoFM was completely inexplicable!!!!! While not everyone holds "Family Man" in as low regard as I do, you'd be hard pressed to find folks who truly believe it deserves to be counted among the "Very Best of Fleetwood Mac."

BTW, I find "Oh Diane" to be catchy and pleasant in a retro-sort of way. "Stand on the Rock" has its moments.

I have to agree that "When I See You Again" is wretched. There is no excuse for a line like "So she stares at the stairs... there are many stairs to stare at these days." The answer from Lindsey at the end is nice, though.

I also concur that "The Second Time" is pretty bad, although I like the way she sings "someone that you loved, and would always love." I would add to the Hall of Shame the self-indulgent and rambling "Welcome to the Room... Sara."

I still argue that "Family Man" outsucks them all. However, in this contest, there are no winners!
Let me add to the weirdness...

I love Oh Diane, "but only after the lip synch video" just cracked me up...
I love When I See You Again mainly because Lindsey and Christine save it...
I love Family Man because of the guitar at the end...
I hate the Second Time.. just really stinks...
I love Welcome to the Room Sara.. Again the chorus is saved by CM LB background vocals... and it's got a nifty arrangement..
I don't really know how I feel about Stand on the Rock... maybe cos it's so generic... but the chord progression is kind of cool at times..