View Single Post
Old 09-14-2020, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Wow!!! that' was so much better than the Box Set show!!!

I immediately sent it to Tony. I think Tony fainted.

DougL what a treat. I can't thank you enough.
I did faint. And then I revived myself long enough to convert the audio to an MP3 and I've been playing it ever since. Thank you, Doug!

A few of observations: Christine's piano playing really comes through here. Bad Loser sounds terrific and jazzy and sexy, in large part because of the piano part. Did you notice, too, that she's playing the Oh Well guitar riff on the keys? That's very cool. The effect is bluesy but also kinda' afro-cuban sounding. Night Watch was a treat--and a surprise. The crowd went nuts after I'd Rather Go Blind. The opening number, Coming Home, is a ballsy way to introduce a show. It's so eerie, atmospheric, and moody. One might expect an all-out rocker that says "We're here!" But the fact that they went with Coming Home says a lot about their musical integrity and their willingness to experiment.

I don't think I ever need to hear Rattlesnake Shake again my life and I'd be happy.

Thankfully, we get the full Bermuda Triangle, WITH piano solo. I am so effing pissed that the one-minute piano solo mid-way through that song was dropped from the recent rerelease of the Record Plant Show. Why? It's tasteful, sexy, and effective. So annoying. I was really looking forward to blasting the FULL remastered live Bermuda Triangle in my car but without the piano solo, it feels like a hollow victory.