View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
That is what kills me. How any fan can think covering Free Fallin and Don't Dream it's over is ok. The band has so many songs they could be doing from their own catalog that they don't need these cover songs (Unless of course you are trying to make the connection for those in the audience who actually might not know who MC and NF are).

This band is known for some really questionable antics over the year but I have to say this is to me the dumbest thing they have ever done. I really can't wrap my head around the fact that at the end of the line they trot out a new lineup to play a mostly GH tour. It would be one thing if they had new music but to tour again with no new material is beyond idiotic. It truly boggles the mind that some people don't see how this is so stupid. Honestly how many times do you need to hear the same songs over and over performed the same old way. Even the rare stuff they trotted out they started dropping once it was clear that the audience didn't know or care for it.

I think years from now this ending of the band will not be viewed as favorably as others. It will end up being like a trivia card.

I completely agree with you here. Particularly since so many bands are making 2018/2019 their "farewell" and are doing it well. There is promotion around it, interviews etc. FM....their US promotion was laughable and exposed the lie. UK promotion was pretty close to non existent save for rolling out NF and MF. And the AUS/NZ promotion makes it seem like Crowded House is on tour with special guests from FM and TPH. And Stevie is no where to be found in any interviews. That's unheard of for any prior tours. It's like they relying more on their loyal Instagram followers to do the marketing for them. Looking forward to them hobbling towards the sunset now.

Last edited by Storms123; 09-19-2019 at 02:13 PM..