View Single Post
Old 07-28-2021, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I saw an early Wild Heart Show that was my first concert but also extremely out of control. So much that the local rock station interviewed a DJ who had been with the rock station for 25 years and he commented it was the worst show he ever saw because Stevie was so high. I always saw her on controlled substances and by the time she got off them, her voice was flat and her sets short and boring.
I was not there but clearly from audio and the HBO concert, I would have to say the video concert in 1981. I actually enjoyed the Whole Lotta Trouble tour for its rocking band (2 guitarists) and the bass player from Heart and set list. I found her more alert in 1991 than 1990 and 1989. The set just was too short.
I think that's what makes a Stevie show an oxymoron. You never knew what to expect and that was part of the thrill. Would she forget to introduce the band or a band member. How many songs would she botch while singing. Would she mention the city and know where she was playing? All of that was part of the excitement for awhile.

Having said all of this... my vote would go for July 4, 1998 Enchanted Tour. She was off drugs. She expanded the set and played songs like Sleeping Angel, Rose Garden, and Garbo and her band was really good. I was part of the edge walk that night so for me the show was extra special.