Thread: Heart of Stone
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2021, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I’ve heard people say they don’t think Stevie is on Magnet and Steel, so I defer to things like production notes before anything else. Because it’s insane to me that anyone would say they don’t think it’s Stevie on Magnet and Steel, and there’s objective evidence to back that up- she’s credited on the song. It’s not just an opinion.

I don’t hear Stevie on Heart of Stone, but she could be on it. But looking at the time frame, it seems very unlikely. She quit FM, then got into a tiff with Mick and they didn’t speak for 2 years. The tiff started in 1991, and the Chain box set was released in 1992, which was when Heart of Stone and Love Shines were recorded. I’m trying to imagine a scenario where Stevie would be angry enough with Mick that she wouldn’t speak to him, but then agree to return to sing backup vocals for one of Christine’s songs. And not even both songs, but just one. Mick couldn’t even get a new song from Stevie for the box set, even with the promise of a producer like Patrick Leonard, so they had to get Paper Doll off the shelf from 1988. It would be nice to think that Stevie would have reunited with FM for new songs in 1992, but does anyone see that as realistic?
I hear ya BWBOY... they could have had Lindsey come in later on and fake her voice. Or maybe she was on the demo and they used that track.
Christine was also a little clever faking that voice in the studio.
But if you listen to it, it sure sounds like her. I'd consider that it could be a fake Stevie or a used track. Email Billy. You might get an answer.