View Single Post
Old 06-18-2016, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

While I'm not surprised that Rock a Little has so many detractors, I'm almost stunned at the reaction to Talk to Me. That song blew me away the very first time I heard it, and I thought Stevie looked absolutely gorgeous in the video. She looked so good in purple and red, for a change. And even though she didn't write Talk to Me, she sang the hell out of that song- her delivery and passion is awesome. I'm a sucker for a good, 'anthemic' rock song and Stevie does it justice. I also enjoyed the slower, softer version that was recorded and released, too.

I Can't Wait is also incredibly catchy and I love that Stevie tried something new and different. I wish she would throw this song back in her set list. Talk to Me, I Can't Wait, and Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For You is the perfect Stevie trifecta, imo. If I Were You is catchy and pleasant, The Nightmare is pure Stevie, and Imperial Hotel, No Spoken Word, and Some Become Strangers are also engaging. Even though Sister Honey is odd, I even find that song catchy, against my better judgement. Reconsider Me is beautiful and I wish it had been included on the CD.

I know Stevie said in an interview she was trying to lighten up and make an album that wasn't as dark as The Wild Heart, and maybe she did go too far in the other direction, but I think Rock a Little holds up better than people think.