View Single Post
Old 10-10-2002, 07:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Hey Christy!

Can't Go Back

Meh!

Book of Love

I just don't really know why but this is one of my favourite all time songs - definitely in my Mac top ten. It's just Lindsey singing as this total love-lost wretch (me! lol), and its just classic!! Took me time to recognize what he was tring to do with it though, from that simplistic guitar intro onwards. Now I'm in love. "Walked out/Goodbye! .... She wants me to be her friend...." The chorus is bliss.

Empire State

Like CGB I can do with or without this, but I dig the outro heaps, and as Christy says the plik-plok sound is neat!

Oh Diane

OK this rather weird observation is proabbly worth another thread but I always thought when I hear this song that he is saying 'Talking bout dying'. and 'life is liek a grain of sand, slowly slippin through your hand.'
I think I came up with this crazy idea cause the song is so bizarrely 'sap' ... it would be more like Lindsey to give it an equivocal edge...would it..??????

Plus is it just me or does he speed up the track in the 'slowly slippin' part?? He's a joker.

Eyes of the World

One of my top 5 Mac ditties. I love it so. Especially the outro. But although there is some bits of Stephanie in the acoustic guitar part - I just don't see it as 'Stephanie on speed' ala Big Love -> Doing What I Can. I'm sure Stephanie played a part in EOTW's evolution, but a small part if you ask me, especially in light of what Les said about the left-field Bwana connection.