View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 05:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I have heard Stevie and other artists say they don't really have a say which songs are released as singles. I think Paul Fishkin said that If Anyone Falls was prepped to be the first single off the Wild Heart but changed to Stand Back at the last minute. I think he also stated his regret for Nightbird as the third single. Enchanted, Nothing Ever Changes, or I Will Run To you would have extended the album for awhile. While some may think Nightbird is a beautiful song, its definitely not a radio friendly hit song.
During her early interview in 1985 Stevie said they were not sure what was going to be the single off RAL since so many songs could be the lead single. I have never heard The Nightmare being prepped as a single but its quite possible. Remixes in 1986 were at their peak. Its a possible explanation for the single remix of The Nightmare. However what a horrible remix. I don't think it would have charted. I think If I Were You could have been a hit if a video was made. However I hate that song with the passion.
HAWAFY is a beautiful song but not a radio single. The same with Nightbird. I used to think these were purposely released to kill the album since the tours were over especially since no video was made. You needed a video in the 1980s to play on MTV. I don't recall any hit songs from the mid 80s that had no video (as crazy as that sounds).

Last edited by Macfan4life; 08-22-2017 at 05:39 AM..