View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 09:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefox4000 View Post
I remember being so excited about coming to Bleed to Love her.....And then my face just Deflating. Lindsey.......What. Did. You. Do????? Talk about killing a song with just so many layers of crap. First Buckingham guitar solo that was boring too.
Yeah, my feelings exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
...but I don't like the lyrics at all. Doesn't make a lick of sense, and if someone has to constantly explain the meaning of a song, there is a problem.
This is something keen to pick up on. When people don't get what the person is singing about, then their ideas don't translate and the music fails to resonate as strongly with the target audience. The singles have to do that first and foremost. As much as I love the opening to Thrown Down and think it's a really catchy song, there are certainly some weird lyric choices. Apparently, some people think this song (along with Fall From Grace) was written about what may have happened in 1997. That Lindsey had been flirting with Stevie during The Dance (see the 5-member interview on YouTube), and they quite possibly rekindled their relationship in an affair when Lindsey found out his girlfriend was pregnant. I asked about this in the Stevie and Lindsey intimacy thread, and it seems like it is a theory that's been around. But for the casual listener, can they actually get any sense of that through the song?