View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
agree, they both developed in different directions.

i enjoyed reading this and i think it explains many things, as both soda and iamwilliame said. while Stevie's early days song ideas were heavily dependent on Lindsey fleshing them out, with her growth as an artist she now has ideas for a complete song sound which are very different than what he might do.

this all means that what many fans want from the Mac - collaborating and building songs together from rudimentary song ideas - while seem to be working better than ever with songs that originate from either Lindsey or Christine, ending in numerous co-writes on BuckVie, does not seem like something Stevie is interesed in doing with the Mac anymore. and it doesn't sound like she's interested in adding to other members' songs either - remember back in 2012 Lindsey brought to the Mac bunch of his own rudimentary song ideas so they can build them all together. several years later Chris took several of those and made them into songs like Too Far Gone and Red Sun.
songwriting demos is much the same meaning as "roughs" which Lindsey uses to refer to the recordings Chris sent him from England of the early basic versions of her songs when she first was reaching out and first rejoined the band. I just watched the 'making of' video of the BuckVie album the other day for the first time in a long time.....so cool.