View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

OK, I'll add the monstrosity that happened to me on Mothers day. The day prior I was at a concert. Don't ask who, what or where cause I got too completely plowed to know. It was horrible, embarassing and scary. And I can't believe it happened.
The next day....STILL trying to recover (it took a combined 48 hours thereafter to not feel a floaty, booze buzzing thru my system notion) I take my dog down the street (not wanting to drive far literally...) to the dog park. Fresh air would do us both good.
On the way back, being as I am on a frontage road, I let doggie onto my lap. She always knows where we are at, and wants on my lap. She'd be a good girl and stay off if I told her no, but cause it's like 35 mph down this road, I let her. We take a curve, she stands into it, and falls out the window! I about die. Slam on the breaks, there AMAZINGLY are no cars behind me, coming the opposite direction, nodda. Where she landed to where I stopped was no more than 4 feet, she came over to me, favoring one leg. I just wanted to die. I still can't get the image out of my head. She didn't have a mark on her, and later that night was all playful and her typical self. It wasn't until yesterday I had her back in the car again, and so help me god, even if we are parked, she won't be allowed on my lap!
It was all a fluke. No sooner did I feel her lean into that curve and beging to slide, it happened. She wasn't trying to jump, she saw nothing, it wasn't like that. Cause I was breaking into the curve, I think is what made it so not life threatening. No matter what though, I feel so aweful. 2 days I'll beat myself up for likely forever. The 1st night of wtf antics at my age...HOW DID THAT HAPPEN!?!?!?!? And then day 2

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting