View Single Post
Old 07-07-2004, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cour
I can requote all of Jason's comments but of course I'm being hypersensitive and jumping to conclusions. But what the heck, let's go for it and puff up Lindsey some more:

I think there's big difference from the saying things the way you are in your post to painting the picture that Jason is. Is this about being a Stevie fan or Lindsey fan because I can pull out other quotes from the past few months too. You and Jason are right! Stevie was a much bigger solo success than Lindsey and she earned a hell of a lot more money than he did. I'm glad you repeated that for anyone who missed those facts, yet again. Yes, Lindsey did cocaine and pot too, I guess I can disagree with Jason as to how much he did, when he stopped and his openess in discussing it. After all, when the drug use of the band members has been brought up by hundreds of reporters over the years and the man says he really never did a lot of cocaine, didn't like the effect, never bought it himself and thought it was a waste of a lot of money, I don't have to believe him because this is all just speculation and it's fun.
I fail to see how anything that Jason said is negative in any way, shape, or form towards Lindsey. He's stated his thoughts on their wealth in this thread, neither one of us needs to agree with them, but they aren't negative, they aren't malicious, and they aren't part of some huge conspiracy amongst Stevie fans.

I'll be the first to say that a lot of Stevie fans can be quite rabid if you dare say anything about the Queen that doesn't fit their views. They don't care if it has basis in fact or not, if they don't like it, you're the anti-christ. But I see none of that in this thread, with the exception fo one post and it wasn't even Jason's post. This thread is being turned into something a bit ridiculous: an argument over who's better, Stevie or Lindsey. To me, that's patently absurd and I'm a bit amused and disgusted at the same time that this thread has degenerated that way.

Lindsey has the most money, period. Stevie spent a lot of hers by living an extravagant lifestyle, whereas Lindsey's lifestyle was tame in comparison. He got the lions share of the money in Fleetwood Mac because he was one of the big draws in concert, he produced the albums, he wrote hit songs, and he played the gee-tar. It's only natural that he'd make the most out of everyone in the band. Stevie has said numerous times that he's the wealthiest, take it or leave it.

That's all I've got to say.