View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
You know what I find the biggest problem with his studiowizardry? I'm pompous enough to live in the illusion that I "fully understand" his art and accept some things from him that make a crash with my own standards of esthetics and harmonics. After a while he drew me in and I became intensely fond of his experiments. Thing is, When he lights my fire again, I want to share that with the world. I play them my faves, like Johnny Stew, Play In The Rain, Shut Us Down, Great Day Bel Air Rain and from this album for instance IOOT, One Take and RABlind. People freak out and I always have to say that you must not judge from first listening. Open your inner door for it otherwise you'll never see the beauty of it. Man, I feel like a friggin preacher when I do that. Still, that feeling of being one of the happy few that live under the illusion of really connecting with his art, is part of my fandom.
We're in the same boat. I've tried to get friends warmed up to Lindsey but only the guitarists appreciate him. Strange thing, I have more success with the younger generation. My 20 something nephew and his friends love Lindsey. They're buying SWS, but I can't get any of my own friends to bite.