View Single Post
Old 03-27-2016, 11:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by turquoise5 View Post
I'd bet Jessica James Nicks, Stevie's niece, is Stevie's heir and I believe Christine has at least one nephew, who helped her with In the Meantime, and he's probably the heir to Christine's fortune.
Agree, though I doubt Jessica is Stevie's sole heir. I'd bet that a chunk goes to her brother, to Lori, to Jesse, to any number of her god daughters, some amount to her assistant Karen, any number of nieces, nephews, cousins, etc. Maybe something to Matthew...(not millions, but some sum). Maybe stuff to some charities...

Probably however Jesse will inherit the rights to her artistic material-- i.e. publishing rights to her songs and etc. The cash can be blown through, but the song royalties and rights to her image can be the gift that keeps giving and giving. There are plenty of accountings of now-deceased stars making more money dead than when they were alive (Elvis, Marilyn, John Lennon, etc).

What will be interesting though is who she designates to manage it all. Priscilla Presley (and whoever was advising her) really has done an amazing job growing Elvis' estate, as has Yoko Ono with John Lennon's. People could be monetizing all the scribbles she's done over the years-- there could be all sorts of photo collections in shows/books/posters/postcards/coffeemugs or made from her sketches, auctions of articles of her clothing/stage outfits, songwriting notebooks, her poems, her doodles, her grocery lists We could see the Stevie Nicks Collection of jewelry on QVC-- there's an official family-sanctioned Jackie Kennedy collection on QVC..... never know!\

Christine's songs have all sorts of possibilities too.... commercials, etc...

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 03-27-2016 at 11:40 PM..