Thread: The new band!
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2018, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
Ok, time to shift focus and get excited about this upcoming tour, lets discuss the makeup of Lindseys' new band.

We know that Neale has stayed with the Mac, but Brett has stayed with Lindsey. Therefore Lindsey will need a second guitarist, thoughts? I think Lindsey will go with a complete unknown as this will keep the costs of the tour down, he might call Steve Ross but i have no idea if he would want to be a touring musician again, he will need someone who can cover as much ground as Neale did, which is a huge task.

We know that for the first time since the OOTC tour Linds will have a dedicated bass player with Frederico as opposed to Brett playing when a song called for a bass player.

I think Jimmy will be back behind the kit as he wraps his tour with Ben Harper on the 14th of September. It could possibly be Walfredo who has been Chicago's drummer for the last 4 years, as their tour wraps on the 23rd of September.

Thoughts?
yes on Federico and Brett. i also think Jimmy. i have long advocated for Janet Robin to replace Neale. she's a great guitarist and singer, was already in Lindsey's touring band with some of the current band members, plus it's time to break up the boys club in LB's solo bands! i know she's already got her own tour dates lined up somewhere in Europe at about the same time frame, but maybe she can be convinced to change plans?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"