View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 10:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
I seem to remember not that long back someone posting an article about Doug Graves being named a member and there is the footage of FM being introduced with new band member Doug Graves.
Graves didn't even make it through the entire '74 tour...they got Bobby Hunt to play the last 4 or 5 shows. (Graves played the Don Kirshner's Rock Concert filming and did a couple of those "live in studio" recordings Sept - Nov '74, but Bobby Hunt was playing those final December shows...I know, I was at both the Kirshner taping and one of the final 2 shows of the tour)

Graves was engineer or 2nd engineer on Heroes Are Hard To Find & was most likely asked to play keys to "fill out the sound" (sound familiar?) for the tour. Don't know WHY he was swapped out for Bobby Hunt, except that Bobby had been in one (or more) of Bob Welch's pre-Fleetwood Mac bands and there was that connection.

Kirshner introduced the band one at a time...what's he gonna do? Leave out Doug Graves? Who was obviously on stage playing with the band. I think Don just overstepped his bounds introducing him as a "member". It'd be like somebody introducing Neale Haywood as a member nowadays.