Thread: Hold Me
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
As an aside - in the BD RS cover photoshoot in, say 1981 - La Nicks is playing some songs from Mirage - I think Wish You Were Here, Can't Go Back, That's Alright, and maybe another were played. I cannot remember if Hold me was played. This leads me to believe that some of the Mirage songs were holdovers in a somewhat completed form from the Tusk recording sessions or shortly thereafter. That's Alright was written in like 1974. In the end, while they worked on the Mirage songs after the Tusk tour - many of them had vocals laid down prior to that, though those vocals may not have been on the prior product.

As for Hold Me - I can hear La Nicks in the mix. When it was release - I remember thinking it odd that FM's lead single did not more heavily feature La Nicks, who at that time was one of the largest stars in the world. I do love hold me though. I just wish it had a third set of lyrics instead of LB's penchant for repeating the chorus after the bridge.

I also found it odd that LB was so quick to cut La Nicks' stanzas, yet he would do this repeating of the same thing. Oh well.

Little Lies appeals to me because it has all 3 voices...