View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
I like EOTW from that CD, as well as Stand Back. Unfortunately the other stuff on the CD is what they did on The Dance, but it sounds worse.

The Dance on the other hand, whilst polished a lot post-recording, is magical. Ok it has a couple of clunkers, but it knocks socks off the rivals.
yeah if you are comparing CDs, i think it's kinda ridiculous and waste what they put on LiB CD. i'm thinking more of all the music that's on DVD, for both. majority of more interesting songs/performances on LiB in my opinion are the ones that are not on the CD. plus there's the monkey dance before SB.

re the dance, do i remember correctly that you are primarily a CM fan? if i was in your shoes, i would probably be biased towards the dance too. but also as you said, a lot of the dance criticisms were that it was so much worked on after it was recorded that it should almost not be called "live". blame for that i would think mostly falls on LB's shoulders. i'm glad he doesn't tinker with stuff anymore like that, if judging by all the solo live stuff he put out recently.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"