View Single Post
Old 10-22-2018, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
That's not to say you can't have a negative opinion of Lindsey because of things he's said and done in the past. You are welcome to that view, and I'm sure it is well-founded in your mind. But to make the leap from that to sexual assault is one I am not willing to make. To me, the topic is too serious for idle, baseless speculation.
Just to be clear I don't know if you read my initial post but that leap is certainly one am I not willing to make nor have I made it.

It seems like there is some confusion about what the movement actually is (not by you). So here is the definition from Wikipedia:
The Me Too movement (or #MeToo movement), with many local and international alternatives, is a movement against sexual harassment and sexual assault.[1][2][3] #MeToo spread virally in October 2017 as a hashtag used on social media in an attempt to demonstrate the widespread prevalence of sexual assault and harassment, especially in the workplace.[4][5] It followed soon after the sexual misconduct allegations against Harvey Weinstein.[6][7] Tarana Burke, an American social activist and community organizer, began using the phrase "Me Too" as early as 2006, and the phrase was later popularized by American actress Alyssa Milano, on Twitter in 2017. Milano and Michael Baker encouraged victims of sexual harassment to tweet about it and "give people a sense of the magnitude of the problem".[8][9] This was met with success that included but was not limited to high-profile posts from several American celebrities, including Gwyneth Paltrow,[10] Ashley Judd,[11] Jennifer Lawrence,[12] and Uma Thurman.[13]

There's more, a lot more at Wikipedia but that sums it up pretty well.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 10-22-2018 at 02:11 PM..