View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 01:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
Am I being too hopeful or did he seem like he’d be forgiving if reconciliation was on the table?

The part that interested me most was how he talked about the “factions” losing their perspective and not rising above to fulfill their destiny... what does he mean by that? I take it to mean that Stevie would rather tour/get money over pursuing creative fulfillment through an album... but that doesn’t really seem to fit with the established narrative given that no Fleetwood Mac album was on the table. Unless he is saying that they tried to suppress his artistic truth because he wanted to use this time for another album, as was reported in the press. This whole thing is so sad.
Maybe down the line when enough time has passed and wounds have healed...but they might be too old for that sadly.
And I think he meant it to be a general statement that they got caught up in the conflict/desire for money/easy way out and lost sight of the most important thing-- preserving the legacy of that beautiful band. And he's 150% right that that is the saddest thing about it all. I don't think he's as upset about them screwing him over as he is about the legacy being ruined. It might have been part of his psychoanalysis therapist babble, but I always fully believed that what he said about cycles was true, and that it really meant a lot for him to 'finish' the journey.