View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018, 08:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
Hopkins - you are one of the most longtime, respected posters on The Ledge. I think you actually like this Mac change. Your passive aggressive posts certainly hint a that. It is okay. Let the world know, you had grown tired of a Buckingham led Mac and are looking forward to the rebranded Mac.
I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t impressed by or happy with who they brought in. But, I’m not happy about what happened. Still, I try to be objective and see all points of view. I just don’t dig the misrepresentation of the band as having some sort of evil conspiracy against Lindsey. It’s overly simplistic and ignores the history of the band.

Of everything I heard before it was made public, the one thing that has come out since is that there was some type of blowout between Stevie and Lindsey. While I don’t know what was said or what went down, I have every faith that it could have been ugly enough to have caused a permanent fracture between them. A choice apparently had to be made between the two, and they went with the one that made the most financial sense. I don’t agree with that decision, but I can’t fault it. And, as a fan, I’m not surprised by it (LBCM instead of Fleetwood Mac).

Am I tired of Lindsey? I think his production style is a little stale and I hate his stage banter, but at least he’s trying. I want him to study someone like Robert Pollard or Richard Thompson. Throw a little more caution to the wind.

As for Christine, she has always made a point to say she and Lindsey were never chums, that their relationship was mostly professional. Mick is like family to her and has been for 50 years or so, even when she was retired, while John was literally family. Her loyalty will always be with Mick and John, even if she disagrees with them. It’s unrealistic and unreasonable to expect something different from a 75 year old woman just getting back into what she loves, especially all they’ve gone through.

THE Stephen Hopkins