View Single Post
Old 05-05-2018, 02:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
But I must say, I never liked your own music very much. Always skippables, rather annoying diversions from the juicy songs from Stevie and Christine, to me and any friends I have who are into FM at all. You sure took up a lot of space on TITN and SYW and those albums feel like Lindsey solo albums made into FM albums, maybe when you realized your own solo albums would not sell or the labels were reluctant to work with you?
I'm not into Lindseys songs that much, too, BUT - you are vastly underrating him for FM here. Imho he had so many songs on the albums because without them, the albums wouldn't have happened at all. Christine writes for a project, she does 3 or 4 good tracks - that's it. All Stevie has to offer for decades now are old demos, and she plundered whatever she had thoroughly for her solo recordings. So Lindseys work of art has not been putting his songs on FM, but rather bringing out the best in Christine, dusting off Stevies tired old leftovers, making it all sound like a band AND kicking their lazy asses into the studio for a start. He may or may not have always been successful in his artistic visions at all times, but the results we listen to come from HIS hard work and his alone. Egomaniac or not, he made FM happen, from Tusk on.

And that makes firing him such a betrayal, the band absolutely relied on his talents, his commitment and his devotion for decades. And suddenly he is just another former guitar player, because changing guitar players is the legacy of the band. Pass me the vomit bucket, please.