View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Kristen and the kids were on stage before the show taking pictures of the audience. Stella ran up and touched Stevie's mic stand, which was adorable.

I'm just about crushed that a full version of "Gypsy" hasn't surfaced. It's possible that I've built it up in my head, or good acoustics at the venue, or just the result of standing a bit farther back than usual (always better sound quality than you'll get right up against the stage. Not that that will ever stop me from trying for the stage), but I and my seat partner thought it was the best "Gypsy" we'd ever seen. I remember the vocal being wonderful and the twirling at the end was the most fluid I've seen in person. She brought me right back to the video.

Stevie moved very well when she was on stage, but it looked to me like she was limping a little bit when she was leaving the stage and out of the spotlight. In "Stand Back" she replaced the twirl with an odd little dance I hope we don't see much more of. She's clearly not 100%, but she was trying very, very hard for the crowd.

"Silver Springs" blew me away. Haven't gotten the chance to watch video, though--slow internet until I get home tonight. The best one I've seen this tour (though again, that might be due in part to standing a few rows back).

Did anyone else think Lindsey looked rather less than pleased when she dedicated Landslide to Daves Stewart and Grohl? The vibe was downright chilly until they had the standard finger touch/hand kiss thing, and even that felt a little forced. I actually wondered if her dedication was a bit in response to the "Big Love" speech...

Last edited by mezzoforte; 05-27-2013 at 10:51 PM..