View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMagic View Post
I do often wonder what Stand Back would have sounded like if Lindsey produced it instead. I like the solo version dont get me wrong, but I'm curious of how far Lindsey would have taken it musically.

Leather and Lace I think would have been an awesome Lindsey and Stevie duet given their history together.

I do like In Your Dreams. But I've only heard it once in a sitting. So I can't give a definitive opinion. That album is a definately a grower.

Anyway in regard to NTF I listen to the musical arrangement moreso than the lyrics. I think it's awesome but to each their own. To me, the worst Lindsey song is Bwana. That's a piece of junk. That is hard for me to admit given how I love Lindsey's solo work. In fact aside from 2 or 3 songs I dont really care for Lindsey's first solo album. I do love Go Insane, Out of The Cradle, indifferent to UTS, love Gift of Screws and undecided on Seeds we sow.

I wish Lindsey get back more into adventurous music territory. I love his current stuff. But kind of feel he's treading some water musically. Would love to see him work with Brian Eno, as their production styles are very similar.
Well SB would have been a completely different creature. You know that Prince wrote the music(although uncredited), right? So obviously, it wouldn't be the same song...not even close!

I can't imagine L&L without Don Henley's signature rasp. I don't think Lindsey's whine would have worked.

I finally got In Your Dreams, a couple of weeks ago. So far, "meh". There are a couple of tracks that I like, but the rest just hasn't excited me, yet. I've listened to the whole thing, 3 times. I always give any album at least 5 full listens, before I make final judgement, though...

I like Bwana, and honestly, for me, Law and Order is a masterpiece. Hands down, my favorite LB album. Even weirder than Tusk!

I agree that he's treading water now. Can he or Stevie, either one, no longer make a song that ROCKS? Come on, enough with the sleepy MUZAK!