View Single Post
Old 01-12-2019, 09:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd been a member of this site for almost 15 years but pretty much gave up on it (and the band) after what happened last year. Growing up, Stevie was the one who drew me into the band. I was captivated when I saw the Gypsy video on MTV. So sad to see how things turned out for her. I think Stevie realized she made a mistake with her abortion(s!). Don Henley mentioned the lyric in Sara about the 'heartbeat that never really died' referring to her aborting their child. In the Rooms on Fire video she held onto a baby while singing about dreaming of a 'wanton luxury' and being separated from her dream of having a husband and child. Finally, there is her song 'Goodbye Baby' where she sings 'I'll be with you one day'. Such a heartbreaking song.

Her recent statement about 'probably having boys' comes off as a weak justification. Sad that her mindset was that she had to sacrifice (literally) having a family in order to be a 'star' and not a 'cleaning lady'. This was not the case for her touring mate Chrissie Hynde who had a child with Kinks singer Ray Davies but continued her successful career both with The Pretenders and solo.

I do think there is a lot of bitterness, regret, envy in Stevie now when she thinks of Lindsey and his family. More than anything, I think this has been building within her for a while and Musicares just provided an excuse and opportunity to stab him in the back. IMHO, abortion is a horrible, selfish act and sadly her selfishness is all she has left now. The Rock Hall of Fame award only enables this further. The fact that the other band members went along with what she did last year was awful. A lot of selfishness there too but I guess consistent with how poorly they had treated Bob Welch. At any rate, I no longer consider myself an active fan anymore. I might occasionally listen to a song and lurk here but that's about it. I don't plan on attending any more of their concerts or buy any music releases.

Last edited by Dr.Brown; 01-12-2019 at 10:00 AM..