View Single Post
Old 10-14-2020, 08:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
I guess I see this a bit differently from the majority here. Lindsey was so clearly hurt when he was removed from the band. Go back to the lyrics of On With the Show. He saw this band as his and their surviving legacy and his sense of community, even if the community was not always unified. That was all taken away from him in a phone call from Irving Azoff and everyone in his community stopped talking to him. The hurt and pain from that forced separation and subsequent isolation is real, its deep, and depressive.

Further, for the prior 21 years he was the band's driving force and frankly why it came back to life and then thrived during its revenue making heyday, post Stevie's temporary career crater, Mick's bankruptcy(s), Christine's departure. The Dance does not happen. Say You Will and its 130 date tour does not happen. 2009, 2013, 2014-2015 tours don't happen and the band becomes so irrelevant, there is no chance the financially successful revamped 2018-2019 tour takes place. In his mind, Fleetwood Mac had become his band and I am sure he at times became overbearing and controlling, but he was also essentially given the power. As Stevie, famously said, Fleetwood Mac is a democracy, we all get a vote, except Lindsey, he get's two. They empowered him, he became the big (well really skinny) daddy. Then the family left him.

He had a heart attack, he had open heart surgery, his children are getting older. The youngest will graduate high school in 2022. In my opinion he sees his mortality and he may prioritize his need to reconnect with his estranged band family and he needs to be part of the final incarnation of Fleetwood Mac for his posterity, legacy and peaceful closure.
Excellent post. You make a number of really strong points here...