View Single Post
Old 10-03-2020, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
“This [pandemic] has been like a couple of years previous in which things occurred that I did not see coming,” he said during the broadcast. “One was my split from Fleetwood Mac. Another one was having a bypass operation, which I did not expect to happen. You could say that this makes it a trifecta of events that were completely off the charts.”

He also shared a little news: “I do have an album coming out. We’re waiting to see where this is all going. We don’t have a release date. I was meant to be out on the road now promoting it. It should be out in the spring sometime. It’s just self-titled: Lindsey Buckingham. We’ll see where that goes."

Buckingham was measured when asked about the trials and tribulations of his recent past: “There are things that are going to happen that you cannot control. There certainly is a lesson in acceptance there, but there’s also a lesson in looking for what is really essential within those circumstances. Yes, I’ve got my talent and my artistic process that I value greatly…Beyond that, I’m here every day with my wife and my children and that is the gift that is essential to all of this. That becomes the silver lining. You are gently, or not-so-gently, reminded of essentials.”
So long, Fleetwood Mac! And welcome back, Lindsey Buckingham! And Happy Birthday!
We all hope to see you on the road soon.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.