View Single Post
Old 09-01-2020, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
It's on History of The Eagles.

For any of you Eagles fans, I tell you, IT'S A MUST HAVE. Get the 3 DVD set. The first disc is the entire history up until the breakup in 1980, and the second one is from the reunification forward. The third disc is "Live at the Capitol Center, 1977"(not full length, but it's about 10 songs, and very good). The history discs are about 3 hours total running time. It's very interesting!!!

I love the damned thing so much, I'll bet I've watched it 30 or more times in the 3 or so years I've owned it. Have I mentioned that I highly recommend it?
This is the documentary that's on Netflix (or was), right? It was incredible. And though I credit Don and Glenn for including Felder, I would have paid money to see them actually record their interviews for the documentary together in the same room.

I also credit those two for not sanitizing the truth too much (can you imagine a present day Mick and Stevie sanctioned Fleetwood Mac documentary? Jesus..). Felder, who can at times seem whiny about his dismissal, really came off like he had legit concerns beginning in 1994 (not to mention Glenn threatening to kick his a$$ at the 1980 breakup) about how the Eagles Corporation profits were being split considering their original 1974 arrangement. I thought Henley and Frey came off like two arrogant pricks - they are, but at least they didn't sugarcoat it. The argument that they basically carried the band's legacy through the 80's with their solo careers is largely true, but I always thought Frey's was largely forgettable especially when compared to Henley's (though I LOVE me some cheesy 80's crap like "The Heat is On").

Anyway, even if you are marginal fan of Eagles, this documentary is WELL worth the time investment!