View Single Post
Old 08-16-2020, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
The live versions of all songs were changed during the Dance era. I would not call it "watering" down although I can see why someone would say that. Fleetwood Mac like bands in the late 90s used technology that helped them create a live sound much more similar to the album versions. Stevie's Stop Draggin My Heart Around in 2017 had very little rock edge compared to her early 80's versions. Over My Head used to rock in the 70s when they played it. When the Mac started playing it again in the late 90s, that arena rock sound was gone and we got something similar to the album version.

I have always said I loved arena rock and 1990 was the last of it with the Mac as well as other bands. I much prefer the raw rocking sound compared to the tame technology based sound.
I love the Live album version of OMH. That "drop D" guitar intro is f*cking awesome!

I hate it that bands decided they had to sound exactly like the albums. Adding an orchestra of players/playing with tracks.
Mirage was the last time they were even close to being an actual BAND.