View Single Post
Old 11-16-2019, 02:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
He once had an indescribably sweet voice when he was harmonizing with people, but I haven't looked to him for that in years. Part of it is that he lost his range, but part of it is he is a wacky guy who likes to do odd things with his voice. Mick once complained that Lindsey would spend hours trying to make his guitar sound like a violin. Well, that's the same guy who really doesn't want to sing when he can scream and yelp and growl.

So, it's been a long time since I thought I was going to hear him sing. I agree with you. If he can whisper or put out a gravelly rasp, I would be most grateful for it.

You know Cher is unlike Stevie in that she has a very protective streak about Sonny. Cher will put him down herself, but she doesn't like other people doing it. So, you know Sonny had this horrible whiny, nasal voice and an interviewer pointed that out to Cher and she got irritated and said, "Well what kind of voice does Bob Dylan have?" Sure Bob Dylan is so profound he doesn't have to know how to sing. I am not sure Sonny was that profound (although I love his music), but anyway, my point is, Lindsey's voice is not that important to me, especially for a solo tour. I don't care how he sounds.

I have memories of him with those women that make me cry. Memories of Farmer's Daughter, Say You Love Me, Rhiannon and how beautiful they were singing together. But those people are dead.

I don't care about Lindsey being able to sing. If he can grunt, that's enough for me.

Michele
I guess he'll always have that punk side. I didn't like it back in the day. Not sure I do now. But it's his style.

Stevie ain't no Cher. Stevie cares about one person. Her own spoiled ass.

Back in the Mirage days, his "lower 5th"(harmony) with Christine and Goat was spot on. That was their peak, IMO.

I'd take whatever he could give us now, but it shouldn't be embarrassing for him. I'm sure he'd rather not go out like that. As long as he's happy with his family, I'm good, for the most part.