View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Oy Jimmyjimmyjimmy.....
I personally hate that last album of his. He doesn't even sing any more. He just wheezes & fizzes out of his throat. He sounds like a bullfrog on the bayou.
Lindsey broke me. When I first heard Shut Us Down, I couldn't take it. Reminded me too much of the dying Peter Jennings. By the time UTS came out, I was used to that rasp. Guess he's proven that if you do it long enough, they'll start to like it. Break their will.

I did have an attempt at proselytizing backfire though. I got so many copies of UTS when I bought concert tickets through Ticketmaster that I was giving them away. I had two people give them back to me because they hated his voice. I said, "But aside from his voice, did you like the music?" My boss said, "I couldn't HEAR the music, aside from his voice." This disappointed me, because my boss was a guitar player and I thought if anyone would appreciate UTS it was him. Lindsey lost himself a convert.

Overall, OOTC is probably the better album. But I love Show You How so much that it actually elevates the entire thing for me.

Michele