View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 08:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
For those that are unable to see the instagram: (I added spaces as I can't read instagram easily myself)

fleetwoodmacfanclubFrom Carol Ann Harris’ Facebook page:

I guess it's time for me to say something as the posts on here are all over the place and placing blame on Fleetwood Mac as an entity for Lindsey no longer being in the band is wayyyyy too premature.

All I want to say to all of you is that the band meeting where the decision was made that he was no longer in the band was surely so ugly....so sad...so awful...that I, for one, am grateful that I wasn't a witness to it.

To place blame on Stevie, Mick, Christine or John is unwarranted and the fact that Lindsey hasn't made a statement AT all speaks volumes to me.

I can tell you that just from a business perspective, Lindsey being "fired" or leaving the band was NOT anyone's choice but a decision that the band made for reasons that will eventually become known as in this day and age - it's impossible to keep anything this big a secret for very long...

I truly feel sorry for all of the fans of Fleetwood Mac who will NOT get to see what is to me, the "real" band and I am not throwing shade on the two guitarists hired to replace him. They are brilliant musicians - but for a "Farewell" tour, (in my opinion) they are going to be up against it.

But my last word on this is that it's a very, very sad end to an era for Fleetwood Mac...but all of you have the music, have seen the tours - and in the end, that will always be yours to enjoy.
Love to you all - Carol Ann
So, for Carol Ann the real Fleetwood Mac is the band without Lindsey?!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.