View Single Post
Old 01-13-2016, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That is exactly what happened when I went to a Madonna concert. She came 2 1/2 hours late, did not even adress it while some people had to leave after 2 songs because of transportation mid-week in germany. So most people were angry, tired of waiting and really annoyed, or had to leave early. I had worked for 8 hours that day, drove 2 hours, waited 2 hours until the official start of the concert an stood there for another 2 1/2 hours in really loud techno music waiting for her, I was really to tired to enjoy her concert, let alone dance. I was back home at 3 in the morning, had to get up to work at 7. I payed good money to be tortured like this, thanks Madge!

Shame, the concert would have been great, good songs, fantastic dancers, everything top notch, Madonna is a good performer. 2 hours earlier, fans would have loved her, then, she was appreciated, that's all. The venue was full of middle aged people, to my suprise the average age was higher then at FM concerts, and noone was in any kind of party mood from what I saw.

And Madonna, with all her choreographed dancing, the immense physical strength and her larger than life attitude, can't compete with Stevie Nicks, who has so much more warmth, stage presence and intensity even when she simply stands behind a mic and waits for the next song to start.

Last edited by AncientQueen; 01-13-2016 at 06:44 PM..