View Single Post
Old 11-11-2018, 08:34 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
I don't disagree with anything you're saying. But you could pretty much say the same thing about every other "legacy" band; for example, the Eagles released one new studio album over the past 38 years. But when you tabulate all of the solo projects, there is a lot of "product." Over the past 20 years since The Dance we got 1 proper studio album, an EP, 10 (give or take) solo/duo studio albums, a few live albums, a bunch of DVDs, etc. So it isn't like these kids were too busy fighting with each other to make music; they just chose not to make it together. I seriously doubt we would have gotten 10 proper FM studio albums during that time period if everyone was perfectly happy with each other, so the dysfunction does have its upside.
Agree.

I’m always surprised when people say they thought there would be all these FM albums after the Dance. I never thought of 1997 as anything other than an amazing reunion show/tour. I could be wrong, but I don’t remember there being a lot of talk about FM being completely back, ready to make a bunch of albums.

FM stopped being a band in 1987 (actually, really a few years before that). After that, they stopped having the chemistry necessary to make music together. Say You Will sounds like Lindsey/Stevie solo albums slapped together for a reason. Lindsey and Christine has some nice chemistry last year that allowed them to put together some solid work but how anyone thinks the entire band would make a good album really baffles me.

Stevie put out some very solid work in the past few years, including her best solo tour in decades.

I’m so unclear on what it is people really thought was possible.

Last edited by Buster; 11-11-2018 at 08:37 PM..