View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 10:53 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo View Post
As usual, she is rambling, messing up dates, and moving around to all kinds of barely-related topics. But it’s her time to make a speech. And she is talking about some pretty serious and sad sh*t at times, I mean her close friend just died a few months prior and she’s talking about him and later on about her late parents and stuff. The other band members could’ve just hung in there and showed her at least a little respect.
It’s not a fireable offense, and i’m sure it isn’t the only reason he was canned. But I can definitely see her being annoyed by it.

I agree with all of this. It bothers me to watch this video. I think those who criticize Stevie for this speech are missing the context. This is not her typical endless self-absorbed speech (which I always love because she never used to talk much). She’s in an emotional state. She is never a good public speaker and she’s struggling, resulting in rambling. I am quite certain of this. And to see her friends and longtime teammates poking fun of her, causing the audience to laugh without her knowing why, is disturbing. Lindsey is not the only one at fault.