View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 08:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetwoodguy79 View Post
On the surface, I think Lindsey’s argument is strong.

Though I am very, very worried about him.

I wouldn’t put it past Stevie to come up with an “abuse” defense as part of her narrative. In our current social climate, there are a lot of old stories that are coming out. Some that are legitimate and horrifying, others that borderline manipulation for the betterment of one’s position. Stevie has the latter. She can drag him through the mud and might have gotten to the point of recognizing this is the right social climate to let it all out if he fights her on it.

Any way this goes, it will have damaged this band’s legacy. I don’t know why Lindsey is the only one that cares about that. Oh wait, yeah, sorry, I do... $$$$$.
I’ve wondered if Stevie might say something like this, especially since the recent unauthorized biographer phrased it as abuse in the press however I think if Stevie had anything new to say on this matter she would. I don’t think her intention is to ruin Lindsey’s life... I think her intention is simply to keep him away from her.

Most surprising to me is that no one in the band will talk about what happened. The canned answers and lack of transparency imply that there’s some reason for kicking Lindsey out that we haven’t heard. I get Stevie’s logic - she doesn’t want to be near Lindsey, period - but the rest of them confuse me. Even Stevie has never had a problem bashing people in the press or “speaking her mind” in public. Why not just say she felt like Lindsey was disrespectful towards her? Why make it about the scheduling?