View Single Post
Old 11-24-2018, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
Sammy asked Mick who was a better guitarist, Peter or Lindsey and he said both! He also asked him if he was the boss of the band and I thought his answer was very telling in light of what we know now. He said he is the one who for so many years has kept the band going and he would leave it at that. I think we can assume he is not the boss of the band. I really wonder how things worked within the band as to who had the final say. If it has been Stevie the last few years then maybe that is the cause of the tension between her and Lindsey.
Mick was very clear at his meet and greets of their last 2 tours that it had been Lindsey the last few years. there was also that new backup keyboardist recent interview (i think that's where i saw it?) who said that Lindsey was basically running things, and they ousted him, and now it's Stevie. so it sounds like the cause of tension may have been Stevie being upset by her being the biggest commercial success / star in the band and not running it.

i still suspect she wanted out once she saw she can more-less sell arenas solo again, and didn't care about the outcome - whether band disbands and she goes solo or whether she becomes a new boss with FM as her backup band.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"